Search engine optimisation is one of the most fluid and dynamic fields in internet marketing. Not only is it always changing, but for obvious reasons, the whole field is shrouded in mystery.
The obvious reason being that search engines don’t want any “manipulation” of the rankings, in order to ensure they deliver quality results.
Seeing a marked lack of regularly updated South African SEO Blogs, I decided to start one for our company, and see what happens. So, read on, comment, enjoy, flame or disagree as the urge moves you.
- Blog Comments & Spam - Yes, I know I said I was going to test spamming blog comment links, but I haven’t got around to it yet. Much like I struggle to get around to writing here. However, as I mentioned in the past, there … Continue reading
- 2013 Strikes - Damn, I can’t believe it’s been 6 months since anything got added to this blog. I take back my original criticism of other local SEO blogs. It’s easy to plan on doing things on a regular basis, but the depredations … Continue reading
- Promoted Facebook Posts - I think I might have mentioned something about the promoted Facebook posts in another topic, but I was interested to see that among Facebook users, their existence is not yet either widely known or widely understood. I came to this … Continue reading
- Google Update May 2012 - Well, the latest Google update is out, with it’s usual announcement of ambiguous changes. Unfortunately, I just don’t have time today to give it justice, and so instead, I’ll direct you to the official announcement: Visit the official Google Blog, … Continue reading
- Facebook Advertising – The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Well, all the news recently is about Facebook, isn’t it? With advertisers pulling out, a disastrous IPO, a plummeting share price, and now the latest news that Facebook users don’t actually click on ads, the social media giant may be … Continue reading
- IPv6 Switchover - Once upon a time, back when IBM thought there was no market for home computers, when the internet was something university professors were using to send research back and forth with, when people dialled into bulletin boards, in order for … Continue reading
- Google Knowledge Graph Changing Search - Well, the inevitable has happened. Google is changing the way it displays results again, and this change looks to be a big one. Starting today, Google is rolling out their “Knowledge Graph” in the US, to be followed “soon” (whenever … Continue reading
- Google’s April Update - In a by now regular monthly announcement on the official Google search blog, the latest tweaks to the search algorithm have been publicised, and boy, were there a lot of them. You can see the full list by clicking on … Continue reading
- Google Update – Spam Not SEO - Well, the much awaited Google update is rolling out, and this is apparently the one that was supposed to contain the much hyped “over-optimisation” penalty, that I talked about in “How Much Is Too Much SEO.” And of course, already … Continue reading
- Blog Links Spam Comments Abound - Yes, I know…I haven’t exactly been keeping up with regular posts here. Hopefully that’ll soon change, although knowing my luck, probably not. However, although I may not have been posting, a lot of other people have. You don’t see what … Continue reading